Majoring in the field of education, I earned a Master’s degree in 2014 and a PhD in 2017 from Kongju National University. My research agenda focuses on both an instructional perspective as well as learning processes that can help deal with cognitive load issues. I have published papers on informal group work, e-learning instructional design, and the effects of learning strategies within online environments. Currently, I am working on ways in which in-class collaborative group work affects cognitive load levels. From an e-learning perspective, I am investigating learner control and ways of improving online instruction, design, and delivery to better address the needs of online learners. I use much of what I have found in my research as part of my teaching philosophy. I am not only a firm believer of collaborative group work in the classroom, but I am also a big proponent of blended learning where students can make use of multimedia online environments to better comprehend what was taught in the classroom.
-  학사 California State Univ. at Long Beach 역사학전공
-  석사 공주대학교 교육학과
-  박사 공주대학교 교육학과
컨설팅 가능 분야
- 일반논문 Improving online video lectures: learning challenges created by media
- 일반논문 Diversity in Video Lectures: Aid or Hindrance?
- 일반논문 How sequencing and fading affects the relationship between intrinsic and germane cognitive loads
- 일반논문 The negative impact of media diversity on self-regulated learning strategies and cognitive load
- 일반논문 The effects of multimedia video lectures on extraneous load
- 일반논문 The relationship between system-provided learner control and maintained situational interest within e-learning courses
- 일반논문 The effects of self-regulated learning and cognitive load on beginning to watch and completing video lectures at a cyber-university
- 일반논문 The moderating effects of intrinsic load on the relationship between self regulated effort and germane load
- 일반논문 The moderating effects of group work on the relationship between motivation and cognitive load
- 일반논문 The role of motivation in the use of lecture behaviors in the online classroom
- 일반논문 The effects of extraneous load on the relationship between self-regulated effort and germane load within an e-learning environment
- 일반논문 The effects of instructional design on student engagement with video lectures at Cyber Universities
- 일반논문 The Mediating Effects of Germane Cognitive Load on the Relationship between Instructional Design and Students' Future Behavioral Intention
- 일반논문 Video lectures in e-learning: effects of viewership and media diversity on learning, satisfaction, engagement, interest, and future behavioral intention
- 일반논문 The effects of lecture diversity on germane load
- 일반논문 The Effects of Instructor Control of Online Learning Environments on Satisfaction and Perceived Learning.
- 일반논문 Informal cooperative learning in small groups: The effect of scaffolding on participation
- 일반논문 The relationship between social presence and critical thinking: Results from learner discourse in an asynchronous learning environment